Friday, June 13, 2008

What's in a day?

We took the kids to see kung fu panda, 10:20am showing (such a cute movie). The kids were all fantastic and NOT ONE had to get up and go to the bathroom. The last movie we saw (iron man) each kid went pee like 3 times...sigh.



Then it was home to swim for couple hours. I'm toasted on my back....feels really good!
After dinner I took out Dan's stitches. KICKIN HUH!




Remember the before?


Here's the After...LOVE the green eyes RAWR!
Progress is progress eh?



Almost 3 weeks down 9 more to go. Next week is X rays and back to the neurosurgeon to check on the progress of the neck fractures, and one visit to the Wound Center in Chandler for his head. He still has staples in...I was kinda bummed I wasn't brave enough to take them out too. Its so good to see him looking normal again. I missed his sweet face.

BEDTIME ROUTINE one of my favorite parts of the day. Tonight however Emma and Briar were fighting over a baby doll. Emma has it hidden under her tummy (tell me thats not uncomfortable), Briar decided to go hulk on her. The picture is frightening to say the least!



Finally, I am reminded of a story in the scriptures......



KINGS Chapter 3

22 And the other woman said, Nay; but the living is my son, and the dead is thy son. And this said, No; but the dead is thy son, and the living is my son. Thus they spake before the king.

23 Then said the king, The one saith, This is my son that liveth, and thy son is the dead: and the other saith, Nay; but thy son is the dead, and my son is the living.

24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king.

25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other..... We all know how that story ends. It made me smile thinking about cutting the doll in half. Good thing that baby doll is one of a set of twins huh!



And lastly my Corwin. Just to prove that I do have sons too, since it seems I only write about the girls. This is Corwin's favorite shirt. His buddy and namesake Corwin Oakes brought it to him. My sister-in-law Maribel found it in Kohl's, and after spending 3 days with Corwin, she said she had to get it for him. Its very fitting. My poor misunderstood child. The last boy AND he's stuck between the two girls. He never had a chance.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Rachel, Dan looks fantastic! I can't believe how well it's healing. Long way to go, I know, but you're right: progress is PROGRESS! Glad to hear it. By the way I checked out Becky's blog and found that quote you were telling me about the other day at dinner. I have that exact quote on my goodreads.com page. Love it! p.s. I can TOTALLY see the resemblance between Dan and Becky! Those eyes or something. ;)

Diane said...

you know corwin is my favorite! i love him... and the pic of them tearing at the doll is priceless. taking pictures to blog is funner then yelling at them. i usually take pics when kiersten is crying just to hear her cry LOUDER! she gets so pissed. and DAN looks great. what a huge difference.

Becky said...

Rachel,

Give Dan a big hug for me! He looks great and I'm glad he's doing better :).

I'm still laughing at the last 3 pictures of the kids...I can totally see Brisa hiding the baby like Emma is...

Tell Rhonda to leave comments if she's gonna check out my blog! :) It was fun meeting her at the hospital...well, it was fun meeting her anyway--maybe next time we can find a better location!

Smith Family said...

Love the story of the doll and scripture. The hulk face is awesome!

Rhonda said...

Ok so I can't help but laugh every time I see that pic or Bri trying to get that baby. I'm teaching Ashleigh to never, NEVER, NEVERRRRR steal a baby from Bri. I'm scared o' her!

~Rhonda