Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Water & Invitations

Our weekend was good, full of family, friends and fun. Friday we went on our first date in awhile. We went to dinner with Jed & Rhonda. It was nice to get out of the house together going somewhere besides doctors offices.

Then Saturday morning we got our housework and yardwork done early. Tanner helped me with the yardwork, while Dan and the other kids tackled the jobs inside. A little after noon, Becky & Jeff and thier wonderful kids, along with Mary & Rick came for a barbeque. Dan fried up some hamburgers and hotdogs, while Jeff and Beck let the kids help with making homemade ice cream (So yummy btw). G&G brought with them a bunch of those swimming noodles, the kids had a blast swimming and hanging out with cousins.





After our company left, we watched Mr. Beans holiday (so stupid!) but my kids and hubby thought it was wonderful and funny. Around 6:30 my sis Ann and her kidos showed up and swam for an hour. It was a really fun (and tiring) day.

Today I sat down to put together the invitations to Heather's (my sister) baby shower. She has 6 boys and Doc says this one is a girl. I'm not sure who's more excited, her or her me. =o)




I think they turned out pretty cute. She is naming her Cydney Lee after our Mother. While I was putting these together, my sister Ann stopped by and kidnapped 3 of my kidos for a few days. Tanner, Emma and Corwin all went to her house until Wednesday....or until I miss them too much and go pick them up.

I mostly wanted to post so that when I came to the blog, those gross pictures of Dan's head weren't the first thing that popped up. =o)

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rach those invites turned out absolutely perfect, you are so talented! They look great. Sounds like you had a fun weekend, miss you and lets plan to do something soon!

Diane said...

those invitations are so cute. i can't believe she is finally having a girl. and what a busy weekend w/ parties and all. you go!

Sarah said...

So cute!! So when I finally (who am I kidding - it's never going to happen) have a boy will you make cute boy invites for me?!

Unknown said...

way cute! I wish our side could get together and do something fun for her. tell her hi for me.

Diane said...

i was going to throw out some more seed, but it will grow back on its own... so i guess we go w/ that theory for now. we also have a fountain to put in the flower bed as well...

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane said...

don't you have kids old enough to drive and get US a drink?? come on now! i need to use your pool to teach the kids to swim.. they hated swimming lessons year--the freakin' wussies!

Becky said...

Rachel--we had sooo much fun at your house on Saturday! Thanks again bunches!

Those invitations are absolutely DARLING--you did an awesome job on them.

Diane said...

okay.. this drink is RANK. i hope yours is better. i think that sometime during the day..you need to go to QT and get better ones for us! thanks in advance :)

Smith Family said...

You've got talent! Those are absolutely darling. Sounds like the swimming fun has begun! Enjoy the water and keep those babies safe!

Diane said...

okay.. i don't do swim suits.. but i wanna bring the kids swimming.. call me! 540-1697