Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stolen Cookies & Swimming

I caught Briar with these cookies. I stood watching her wishing that I didn't have to scold her for getting into them. So as I stood there for a moment trying to decide the best approach to her "consequences" I realized this pattern. (pretty funny) Take the cookie, break it open, eat out all the cream in the center, lick it a few times, JUST to make sure she got it all off then says "here Navvy" and throws whats left over the arm of the chair to the overly excited cookie loving dog...repeated oh...6 or 7 times. I couldn't help but laugh.


step one...scrape as much out with your top teeth

step two, finish it up with the lowers, before tossing aside


I mentioned the other day that Ann (my sis) came and got Tanner, Emma and Corwin to stay a few days. The 3 boys left at home kept whining, "we never get to do anything fun" "why don't we get to have a sleep over at Annie's house" (again...insert mental image of me rolling my eyes) So I let them each have a friend over to go swimming.


Tate and his friend Victor


Brigg and his friend from church Wil

Kobe and his buddy Ben

I always have a hard time when all my kids aren't home. I kept telling myself that I could make it until Wednesday evening, they are having fun, think of all the housework you can get done without Corwin and Em....needless to say I was miserable, even with the kids that came over to play. 3 boys, 3 extra friends 3 of my kids at Ann's it evens out right? WRONG. As soon as I dropped off their friends I drove out to Ann's and picked them up. Dan called me about 40 minutes after I left to find out where the heck I went. I admitted I caved and went to get the kids. He just laughed at me.

When we got home Dan and I went swimming with the kiddos, had dinner then watched the boys play on the X box. AHHH LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!

6 comments:

Diane said...

doesn't ann live in snowflake? or did she move back? i promise i'm coming swimming soon! :)
kinda scary how "amazingly similar" briar & raegan are!... for feeding the dogs

Unknown said...

I wish someone would take my kids away for a few days

Sarah said...

I sooo could eat cookies with her, she is my kind of kid!!!

I too wish someone would take my kids off my hands, but just for a few hours :)

Jess Root said...

Thanks for the comment Rachel. You should let Tanner know that his talk in priesthood meeting was great. He did a great job. Hope all is going well and that Dan is getting healed.

Smith Family said...

Dang, I wish someone would come and take some of my kids. :-)
The pool sure looks fun! Is it warm or still a bit cool?

Becky said...

I would love to have someone take my kids for a couple days! :)