Thursday, April 24, 2008

Where's Mom?

I imagine my kids had a conversation that went something like this.....Where's mom....still sleeping....hmmm, I think I'll make breakfast, spill it and leave it on the table. Amazingly enough, when mom did wake up the conversation went like this. Who left cereal on the table? Tanner responds...not me, Tate responds...not me, Brigg responds...not me, Kobe responds...(you guessed it) not me. Corwin just looks at me and smiles, Emma is still asleep and Briar hadn't eaten. Hmmm I think someone isn't telling me the truth.

So I round the corner and see all this in my sink. Mind you the dishes were done when I went to bed. And food in the sink? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? UGH a big no no in my house.
So how do I know Briar hasn't eaten yet? Because sitting on the counter, next to the sink full of dishes is my baby, eating mike-n-ikes. How is it possible to get mad at a face like that, especially when she has such a cute bed head.

Needless to say, I was a little bit grouchy. I hate starting my days frustrated. I didn't seem to recover from it. My grouchy was in full gear most of the day. I hate feeling like a bad mom. If only I'd have woken up just a little earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you'd woken up earlier you wouldn't have had this post and the cute picture of Briar. With 7 children I think it's okay to be grouchy as often as you like.

And thanks for helping me to comment.

Becky said...

Is it bad of me to laugh at your expense? This really is a funny story although if it had happened to me I would not be laughing :)

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up. It really looks like something I would still do, in fact I did. This morning in my mad rush to work I had about a cup of hot tamallies for breakfast. Nice.
Love ya, Jess