Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just For Fun

I decided this morning that I wanted to spend the day with the kiddos.

Bad parenting moment I know, but I let them all stay home from school.

We spent a few hours at the park and then did a little grocery shopping and now they are in various rooms of the house playing legos and games.

I'm tempted to keep them out tomorrow too and just have a fun play week since they are already out for October break Thursday and Friday.


Miss Em


I bet you didn't know there were war trenches at the park and guns made out of sticks. Aren't little boys funny?


I know I'm bias, but this is the cutest picture!

Brigg, like his Daddy. Has to pose for every picture


Corn...hittin on the ladies

Bri taking the slide. She says weeeeeeeeeee the entire trip down.


Kobe found these glasses by our van at the grocery store. He kept repeating, in an old Man voice....."I told you kids to get off my grass"
Yes, they came home with us....sigh

9 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

this made me giggle! "get off my grass" hilarious!

you are nice. i make my kids go no matter what. i never get that "i wish my kids were home more" feeling.
it just doesn't happen to me. i do however get the i wish i didn't have to get up and get people out the door daily feeling. but by the time lunch rolls around i am over that .

Jed said...

Rach...who is this crazymamaof6?? I like her!!!!!!!!

Can't you introduce your good friend to another one of yer friends?

Diane said...

that's funny... i love what kobe said...where did he come up w/ that?? brendon...every now & then will get a 'free' day from school. bet it was fun.. invite us next time!

Rhonda said...

Ok. woops.. That comment from JED was really from me. Must not've signe out before I got on. Silly guy.

So no, Jed isn't lookin' to meet any of your girlfriends Rach (you must've been thinking.."awkwarrrrrd!!")..it's me RHONDA who likes crazymamaof6!!! ;)

Rhonda said...

p.s. So THAT'S where I lost my glasses, at the STORE!

Thanks for pickin' them up for me Kobe!

scrappiemom said...

What a bunch of great looking kids! Next to mine, Mary has the best looking grandkids around! Kobe sure looks like his dad. I used to let my kids take the day of from time to time. I guess I let Michael take it off too often, though. He has had a job for like 2 weeks and keeps telling me he needs a day off! KIDS!

Sarah said...

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at your house! Your kids crack me up...er...atleast the things you say about them. They are so freaking adorable!

Becky said...

Oh, what a fun mom you are! Sad to say I cheer almost every day when I drop off the oldest two for school :)

Love the photos! And I am totally crackin' up about Kobe and those glasses--too, too funny...yeah, I have the coolest nephews and nieces EVER :)

Thanks for calling yesterday. It is always great to talk to you!

The Farmer's Wife said...

How fun and that is such great parenting on your part! I miss my kids all the time....and I have been known to take them out of school for a trip now and then!