Thursday, May 8, 2008

Turning 29...again

I woke up to the beautiful sound of my Husband and 7 kids singing happy birthday to me. Dan got everyone up and had them make cards for me. (He let me sleep in!!!) He gave them a floral theme, so all of the cards had colorful flowers on them. It was so fun to see the different products that came from their little minds. They all climbed in bed with me as I read the cards, then passed out hugs and kisses and headed to school. What a fun way to start my day.

At 7:30 my phone rang and my brother Danny and his sweet family sang happy birthday to me. They are always so great.

Around 9 ish I received a delivery of my favorite flowers, Calla Lilies from my Love. (Thank you Sweetheart, they are beautiful and I love them)

I haven't had any of them since we moved back from Indiana.

Then my sweet friend Rhonda stopped by with this stinking cute towel, isn't it the funnest ever! Does this girl know me or what!! So fun.


Its a flip flop thing. I never wear shoes...not even in the snow, only flip flops

Steph called around 10:30 and stopped by to drop off these beautiful flowers. I'm not sure how I got blessed to have 2 such wonderful ladies as my best friends, but they ROCK!


Dan took the day off and we went and did some shopping, and he took me to lunch. We went to Chili's and we ordered our favorite dessert, the Chocolate molten lava cake. One word....MMMMMMMMMM (is that a word? It is now!)


Oh ya, its that good.....

This is my present, again Thanks babe. Our deck box

How fun was it to get the toys and towels...We got the two umbrellas for the deck also. During the shopping trip, I was reluctant to purchase some things and made the comment. Isn't this all a bit premature, To which my wonderful husband, Dan makes this smart alec comment..."Yeah, cuz we aren't sure if we are getting a pool yet." =o) I love him


When we got home from picking up dinner, I caught two of my former YW putting this on my garage door. They are so stinking cute! I LOVE YOU GUYS


Kathy is on the left, and Brit on the right. They are Awesome!

My Sisters Ann and Heather called, and some other friends. Needless to say it was a wonderful day filled with Birthday wishes and hugs and kisses.


And my favorite cake from Costco, with the cheesecake cream in the middle. We didn't bother with candles. I forgot to pick some up and as Kobe pointed out, it would take too long to light them all anyway. =o)

A wonderful birthday ended as great as it started. My Awesome, wonderful, niece Jess and her hubby Mac (aka Big Train) came over, brought me a pizookie from Oregenos and then Rocked out with us on Rock Band for a couple hours.


You guys are the greatest!

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday feel very special. 2 years ago I decided I wasn't going to celebrate my birthdays anymore and last year I was very bah humbug about it. This year was awesome. Thank you all for making me feel so loved. I am blessed.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, glad you had such an awsome day! Love ya

Becky said...

You deserve an awesome birthday!! It sounds like it was great :)

Smith Family said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday. The chili's cake is yummy!!

Amy T said...

A great blog of your great day!