Monday, September 8, 2008

Mo Renovations, YW & a Baby Blessing

We're almost done with our Renovations. Ok not really but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Only one more room needs floors layed (Way to go MY MAN!) there's a lot left to paint. We ordered our baseboards from a company in California, so we'll have all of those to put in when they get here, then we start on the bathrooms!

I feel like we've taken "real life" off for the last couple months trying to get this done. Hopefully we will get back to it here soon. I need to make doctor, dentist and vision appointments for all the kids. (I'm such a slacker)

Little shout out to our friends who still put up with us on the weekend for our dates.

extra lil shout out to Steph and Cory, we had fun Friday even though the movie was totally GAY!



K so here are the pictures of the kitchen. Its amazing to me how WT a house can look without baseboards, so try to ignore that part ;o)

BEFORE






AFTER


I did the backsplash all by myself while the man put in the floors. Proud "do it yourself" moment for me.





Little catch up on my week, Wednesday I got a call round 7:30 ish, the YW had a service project scheduled that got canceled last minute, so LeLe (orange shirt) called me to see if they could come "babysit" while Bro. T and I took a little break. I was up to my elbows in paint, so I told them they could come wash my table and mirrors. I SO LOVE THESE GIRLS! and wish I was still in YW with them. It was great to sit and chat with Jamie and Karen their leaders, while they entertained my kiddos. THANKS GUYS!!!







Sunday we blessed Cydney Dawn. It's always awesome getting together with my family. We had lunch after church back and Danny and Shannon's house. Here's a couple pics that I snapped of my sweet Sis and her adorable pink baby!





I also went out during the week and we made little itty bitty bracelets and I pierced her ears. We're having so much fun playing baby girl.

14 comments:

jack+alli said...

dang mama! awesome job in the kitchen! i love the roosters.
little cydney is so adorable, i about cry everytime you talk about heather and her baby GIRL....so neat she got her pink bundle!

Unknown said...

okay we want to do the same thing, but I'm worried about what wood would match my cabinets. Did you do matchy matchy or a different stain, and did you gte your back splash at Home Depot?

Leslie said...

Great job on the tile and kitchen!! You got me thinking that maybe I can redo our shower floor!! But then again I may not be as talented as you.

J-ME said...

Thanks for letting us crash your house :) It was great to just sit and chat with you. I miss having you in YW's too! So do the girls but I'm sure you already know that :) They so love you and were so excited to see you (we'll have to do it again) ;)

Amy T said...

The kitchen looks great! I really like your backsplash!

Diane said...

still looking good!! now that the pile of floor is gone--you got a new black shelfy thingy to put there. it looks cute!
and i DO like the backsplash!

Stephanie said...

I love that black hutch it is so cute, and looks great! You guys have worked so hard and it shows, it all looks amazing! I love your backsplash and like I told you I am so impressed that you did it by yourself, you are my hero!

Smith Family said...

Great job! I love the back splash, that adds such a nice touch. Way to go!! Glad it's coming along, good luck with the bathrooms!

Dan the Man said...

My wife rocked! She measured and cut all the tile herself and then used the trowel and installed it all! She also used the grinder out in the garage to make the cut pieces look more finished. I am very impressed and proud of her!!!

Someone asked if we matched the flooring to our cabinets - no we just picked out floors that we liked (maybe we should have thought of matching, we got lucky).

The tiles we bought in Indiana from a private individual almsot 3 years ago. We have held on to them knowing we would use them sometime. We have 12x12, 6x12, and 6x6 tiles. Rach used mostly 6x6s for this project along with a couple 6x12s that she cut to use as trim along the top of the backsplash. It is a DalTile.

The Farmer's Wife said...

You did a great job! Darling house! and beautiful sister and baby! I am all about baby jewerly!

Becky said...

Rachel--you did an awesome job on that backsplash! Everything at your house is looking wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Lookin good!!! Can you send your crew over to my house next?!?!

Sarah said...

I LOVE your backsplash! Awesome job! The floor looks great also! (But I think I mentioned that in a previous comment...different room of course, but my opinion is still the same.)

As far as my ribbon...I didn't use to have ribbon just sitting around my house either. It has only been in the last couple years since my mom & Tanya got me back into scrapbooking. You know, with all the extra embellishments including ribbon... Anyway, a good portion of it (the biggest reason the wrapping it needed to be done...) was bought as ribbon by the yard. So it was just floating around, unlike the stuff bought on spools. Although, I opted to unspool those anyway, and respool them onto my ribbon cards. Makes for easier scrapbooking...er atleast choosing ribbon is easier this way.
(Ok, I apologize now for the fact that I took up so much comment space to explain this to you.)

Rhonda said...

Looks great Rachel! I'm impressed!