Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Peeps!

Dear Peeps who sent me text messages reminding me that I needed to update my blog, Thank you for making me feel special.

Dear Mean Peeps who sent Hate Mail because I wasn't keeping up on my blogging...Bite Me!

I KNOW ALREADY, I'm such a BUM!!! Lazy me, I've lost the drive to blog!!!

We stay so busy lately. Dan has been working really long hours and taking on side jobs. Some days last week he went to work at 5am and was gone until after 9. While I'm not a fan of flying solo, I handled it but the kids had a hard time not seeing him at all during the day. Briar kept asking where Daddy was and the boys homework? I know one thing, I'm not smarter than a 5th grader. Seriously, I don't know how I graduated high school.

I'm starting school. I am going to get my RN. I am waiting to hear about financial aid before I start, however I'm getting impatient so I think I'll start next week then hope for reimbursement from the grant.

We've continued to work on the house. Slowly but surely things are coming together.

Dan is having surgery on the 27th of October, and our Anniversary is on the 28th. He's having gastric bypass. We are pretty excited about it and we're praying for positive results for our entire family. We are hoping that it can start some VERY needed changes in our eating habits at home. Weight Watchers here I come!!!

I'm so excited for the cooler weather to come on, My kids need some serious outside play time!

PICTURE OF THE DAY


We need to get our kids out more.

10 comments:

Dan the Man said...

I think our kids are hilarious.

any mean peeps out there are gonna have to reckon with me.

I am watching you.

jack+alli said...

oh goody. a post :)
you are going to be a rocking RN! that is so exciting! seriously, i don't know how you do it all....and then some!

JannaBanana said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. I wanted to go RN but time I didn't have. I want it now. But I am waiting to hear from the Hospital, for the Patient Care Tech. That is pretty much good for me. But I'll let ya'll all know. Your posts are so cute and fun to read.

Any mean of Rach's Peeps, not only wil have to deal with Dan but you will have to deal with me too, and I have a 12 year old son with a size 15 shoe that I will gladly use......HINT HINT!!! So what out!. Love ya girl. Wishing you luck dan. I pray for you and your family daily. Take care, Love ya's. Hope to see you all move back here soon. Love to all....JannaNana

Smith Family said...

Yay! You're back!
I'm excited that you're going back to school. Good luck with that adventure. I think homework now-days is different than when we were kids. I honestly can't answer some of the questions. Especially the math, I think most of it is too silly.

Sarah said...

Picture of the day - You need a bigger car.

Hurray for Dan the man!! Let me know if I need to watch kiddos.

P.S. I'm a nice peep :)

Rhonda said...

Wow Rach...back to school AND help Dan recover from his surgery? You're such an overachiever!!! ha ha

That's awesome though, for both of you.

We so need to go to lunch or something soon! Being down all this time has gotten me behind on knowing some of my peeps biznez.

Diane said...

well, well, well.. just kidding---i never complained (in my head i did though... hehehe)
glad the house is coming along--i know you're SOOO done w/ doing all that crap! but it rocks... so great job! i'm soon to follow!

Sarah said...

Love that pic! Hilarious!

I hear ya with the NOT smarter than a 5th grader comment! I feel the same way about myself!

That's awesome news about the surgery and going back to school!

Tanya said...

Rach that's awesome! Nursing school is a total bear, but SO worth it in the end! Will be fun to have yet another nurse in the family! I highly recommend Scottsdale Healthcare as an employer!!

Good luck to Dan!! At which hospital is the surgery taking place?

Becky said...

Rach! How did I miss this post? I have been checking your blog regularly but apparently I spaced it last week (I didn't read very many blogs last week).

You will be the most amazing nurse ever! I, on the other hand, would be every patient's worst nightmare :) I'm proud of you for going back to school--it is on my list of things to do but will probably have to wait for another 5-10 years.

Let me know if you guys need anything...