Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prescott or BUST!!

We had another fun weekend. We loaded up and went to Prescott





My brother Danny and his family and sis Ann and her fam went up to a cabin. Other than the air conditioner not working in the cabin it was a lot of fun. We arrived, unloaded the van and what is the first thing I did? Come on now, anyone that knows me can answer this question. Dan took a picture and commented...."it took you 2.2 seconds to find the diet dp in the house" Sigh...I'm such an addict!

We stayed up late playing games and eating junk. The kids all stayed up till about 1am. It really was a blast!



Manda fell asleep first... So of course we were able to take pictures of her odd sleeping habits. She stayed this way for over an hour. SHE'S SO CUTE. I love my Nieces!


Life has changed so much it seems. I was in the kitchen the next morning and realized, even though I still feel like I'm 18, I must be getting old cuz I look up from making some cereal and see my brother sitting at the table reading and realize, DUDE YOUR GETTING OLD! (sorry Danny) Gotta love this guy. He's my Favorite.


The kids went climbing. What a fun backyard huh! Tanner and Dallin got stung by wasps but other than that, it was just tadpole hunting and climbing...a boys paradise.



I'm sending a shout out to my Totally Rockin Brother and Sis. Thanks for inviting us. It is always fun to hang. I love my family so much.

~PIC OF THE DAY~

We got home from Prescott and unloaded the van. We were literally home 10 minutes and this is what I find. I think she wanted to go swimming. What do you think?

12 comments:

Dan the Man said...

What fun memories! It was great going up even tho we could only stay for one night.

BTW because of Briar we did end up going swimming. I think she is in charge at our house.

Dan the Man said...

Also Rach's Evil Eye does not scare me at all!

8^)

Smith Family said...

A cabin with family, sounds wonderful (besides the AC).
Glad it was fun and un-eventful!

jack+alli said...

how fun! i'm still shocked when i see your kids all grown up! it really feels like it was just yesterday that i babysat tanner and tate for thr first time....tate couldn't have been older than 1! i'm seriously so excited to have, what, 5 of your chillens in primary?! if i don't babysit then this is the next best thing!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

So I have a question. Exactly just how big is your van? It looks huge! We have a 15-passengr and I love it! How is the man's neck?

Rhonda said...

So fun! That *IS* a boys paradise!!

So we'll see how the weather is this weekend in Presott when we go. We're taking mom up to Pauls cabin. I hope we can do some late night games too...if my dumb back and neck aren't killing me too much from the long drive. ugh

The Farmer's Wife said...

Rachel...you are going to laugh. I saw your blog on Jen's and so I came to check you out and guess what??? We grew up in the same ward. Ann Marie and I are the same age and Danny was my parents Bishop in Queen Creek..I am Shelley Skinner! Holy Cow what a small world. Tell Ann I said hi and does she have a blog?

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Who's cabin is it?? Love the late nights and family fun. I'm glad you guys were able to go and have fun!

Diane said...

where or where do i begin! love the dr pepper face--would so be MINE, and it wouldn't scare kevin either.. love that danny was reading-totally aged him! ha
and looks like serious fun. does briar wear the pants?? cz raegan does!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You're van looks a lot cleaner than mine. No fair. Anyways, of course you can put me on your roll! I'm flattered! I put you on mine, too! Now we're friends! Yay!

Becky said...

Rachel, it looks like such a fun weekend! I was crackin' up over your comment about your brother being old...my brothers are WAY OLD too! :) Of course, I still feel like I'm about 20 years old and living the good life in college...sigh.

All the pictures are great by the way--love the one of all the kids in the van.

Billie said...

Hi Rachel,
I thought this was a fun post. That place in Prescott looks awesome (just looking at those rocks to climb). And the comments on Danny made me laugh!!! I'm old too. It was funny to see him. Thanks!