Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My weekend in Numbers

2~ Sick Babies




Dan spent 1.5~ hours working on the pool and fishing a total of 10~ oranges, (1 of which was sucked in and stuck in the return) 3~ pool toys and 1~ pair of goggles. (all thanks to the above mentioned sick babies, aka my daily double dose of "Don't do that!")

1~ Crazy Son who doesn't know its Winter


He successfully retrieved 5~ Rocks and 1~ bottle cap (also thanks to the "wonder twins")
2~ future missionaries, reminding their mother why it was all worth it.


1~ Finally pink toting sister moving to Utah with her 6~ sons and 1~ baby girl.

Countless tears falling by all the Oakes clan that will miss them terribly.

1st~ family get together at Mama and Daddies house (Now Lynnie's House) in 5~ years. 47~ family members


Hundreds upon Hundreds of Meals made in this kitchen.



4~ Siblings, 4~ in-laws, 34~ Nieces and Nephews 3~ Great nephews

1~ Favorite Sis-in-law (that's right I said it)


And 1~ Super awesome (most sexy and wonderful, down officially ~107~ lbs) Sweetheart.

RAWR baby! Nuf said

11 comments:

Dan the Man said...

She forgot the 1 totally awesome and extremely talented and beautiful mother and wife also known as Rachel.

Leslie said...

Okay, yes you can't forget yourself!! And 107lbs is amazing...that is great, Way to go!!

Becky said...

Great post, Rachel! I *love* those pictures of the boys reading their scriptures...it's so nice when we get the rewards of motherhood isn't it?

P.S. I LOVE what Lynn has done to that kitchen...it is gorgeous! I'm glad you got to spend so much time with family and I hope your sister does well in Utah.

JannaBanana said...

You have got to teach me how to do your blogging. I never can get my pic's with titles like you do. I tried and it came out~Poopie~ HELP!!

And Dan, Congrats, WOW 107 lbs, you go Dan the Man!! WE miss you guys..hope some day you can move back home, but you guys have tons of family there....that makes up for everything!! :) Love ya Taylors

Dan Oakes MEd LPC said...

I hope Tracy and Maribel see the favorite sister in law part!!

Diane said...

i second that RAWR!! and i can't believe heather is moving to utah! :( so sad for you... but you can still come play w/ me.. :0)

Cami said...

WOW Dan that is awesome!! Rachel I can tell you are so proud!! YEAH!!

Stephanie said...

K your boys reading is so awsome those pictures gave me chills...speaking of chills Tate is crazy! Yay for you Dan thats awsome! I want to see the rest of Lynns house, the Kitchen looks great! I'm so glad you whole fam got to be together and spend some time before Heather goes. You have an awsome family!

Smith Family said...

It's toooo freezing to get anywhere close to AZ pool water. Kids are crazy! You are doing something right to have those boys reading their scriptures like that. WAY TO GO!!

Anonymous said...

107 lbs! Thats awesome. I just looked at your son's blog he is so cute! He seems like a smart kid. And I too love the pics of your boys reading. Melts your heart don't it! I'm deffinately down for a field trip to sams!

Anonymous said...

I was never good at math but man you had a lot going on. Love the pic of the boys reading. How neat to have a big family.